Friday 27 March 2009

The interpretation of dreams.

You do it, I do it, animals probably do it. We dream.
Dreams, they are fantastic improvised images created by our mind with the help of what we experience in real life.
Some say dreams have a greater meaning to them, others simply insist that dreams are only dreams.
Some people do dream but are unfortunate enough to forget whatever went through their mind during the late hours of the night.
I, on the other hand, remember almost every little detail of my dreams. My dreams are still as most dreams are, weird an inconsistent. But something within my dreams seem to call out, thoughts of my subconscious aching to be released from my conscious forgetfulness.
So whenever I wake up it seems like their is something from my dream that tell me what do do or more precisely what I can do without forcing me.
Small hints and tips to guide me through life. But no matter how hard I try to remeber that single moment of clarification, that seems to occur in every dream, I can't.
It is both disturbing and annoying, knowing certain answers was revealed to you mere minutes before my mind pushed me out of the diverse stories and events which I call dreams.

I usually have one really long dream and as morning approaches the dreams increase in numbers and also increase in clarity. Although the longest dream usually is the more flipped out and interesting I often have to put it aside. I have to focus on the shorter dreams and remember what I can before most parts slip away.
I guess some of you would incourage me to write my dreams down so that I can later look back and try to interpret them to the best of my abilities, but I choose not to.
I believe that if there is something in my dream that has enough importance to me in my real life then I would never forget it even in my awakened state.
Maybe im grasping for air and such clarity through a dream will never occur, but for me to believe that dreams have a greater purpose then us humans know is probably what helps me fall asleep.
I fall asleep only to see if my answer already exists within me, deep down where only a subconscious mind can go.
Mental adventures are awesome!

No comments: