Thursday 23 October 2008

"The nerd never gets the girl."

Those particular words stuck with me. Even though they were contradicted and proven wrong at a later moment, the original words saying "The nerd never gets the girl." echoes in my mind.
Okay, maybe an external part should really confirm the fact that I could be called a nerd, perhaps geek or dork are more appropriate words.
So it's not really the nerd word i'm hung up on. It's the meaning of the sentence and what it stands for. There is of course more depth in that sentence than you might understand at this time.
The sentence itself implys that a "nerd" never gets the extremely beautiful girl. With society functioning as it does that is not completely untrue either.
Many of us are obsessed with outer appearance (Yes I have brought this up before). Just knowing that the sentence to a large extent is true, that is what pisses me off and lowers my self-esteem.

I would gladly revoke the sentence from ever being uttered. Since i'm not capable of such remarking things I will instead try to somehow get the echo out of my head. As so many other bad things, this echo gets to me, no matter how innocent it was at that moment it's still torment for many persons minds. Many would probably tell me that I should ignore that sentence because it isn't "true". What many people also do is tell you what you want to hear, even though they really know that the sentence itself makes a lot of sense. Friendship versus realism is something you could call it.

Maybe the reason for me reacting the way I have towards the sentence just shows you how easy it is to get to me. Pathetic as I am I just sit here, paralyzed from feet to head, trying to figure out how to make the echo go away. Using the sentence as a trigger to achieve bigger and better things is not an option, because I couldn't really go to many days with those words in my head. So for the moment i'll have to endure the hard words of partial reality which clearly says "The nerd never gets the girl.".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/commentary/sexdrive/2007/04/sexdrive_0406

;)

Ceybossy said...

I'm not a geek. At least not according to that list you gave me. Some were true though.
thnx anyways

Unknown said...

Geeks, nerds, weirdos, whatever we may call you, we truly do love you anyways ^^