Sunday 5 October 2008

Rules of conversation.

In conversation it's very important that at least both parts take an interest in the conversation.
That is why I feel that lately most of my conversations include only one part, namely me. Then again when only one person talks it could be considered crazy rambling. It's kind off sad that I should show such an amount of non-interesting sides of my self to actually scare people away.
I really try to be at least ok-interesting. That is however quite the struggle as I have a largely limited story telling capacity. I wouldn't want to lie now would I?

As the rules of conversation (when including me) has changed so drastically I feel like I should totally change approach considering everything that has to do with me and conversations. Choosing different topics, changing my attitude to most things in order to appear more interesting than before thus inviting the conversational counterpart to feel more comfortable. I could also just go the other way as the pessimistic part of my brain strongly suggests. Normally for such a "small" thing as this topic I would ignore anything my pessimistic mind has to say. However my "bad brain" makes alot of good points regarding most things and that's why I find myself struggling more with myself than the original problem with conversations. Yes I know the sentences get quite long sometimes.

Now I have to re-evaluate those people I know to find out where I should start in building conversational confidence. I hardly believe that people who know me could even think I would have these types of problems, but I do. I am who I am, destined to fail, destined to question myself. See already having conversations with myself again...

No comments: