Tuesday 22 July 2008

Even steven.

Todays phrase "Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself." unfortunately for me this seldom is a truth. There are few people that I know who actually live up to this sentence. They treat me the way I treat them that is. I cherish those few who actually do this, but I am also saddened by those who does not act according to this sentence. To give friendship but not getting it back in the same way. You feel betrayed, deeply betrayed. Many people who does this will not openly admit it, perhaps it's a part of many peoples masterplan: "Act unknowingly when treating a friend badly". I have confronted some people regarding this issue and of course the response is "I would never do such a thing". I wish I could say that those I call friends would live up to todays phrase. I know that this is a fact so far from truth it disgusts me. One of the trends I have noticed is that more and more people are moved to the category "Not living up to the phrase" and very few remain in the "Lives up to the phrase" category.

The question i'm asking myself after saying this sentence is: "Is it worth trying to find people living up to the phrase any more?" it seems like it would be an anomaly, confirming the fact, if I did. Whatever person came up with this phrase sure would be surprised if he/her saw the effect of this sentence, and with that I mean the bad effects. When I write this however I'm not saying that I would be a perfect person in relations to the phrase. If you think I have mistreated you or acted in a inappropriate way compared to how you've been treating me, LET ME KNOW! Im trying to be a better person you know.

No comments: